Digital Book 2008 is a one-day conference held in New York City on May 14th. The conference is hosted by the IDPF and is part of their spring educational series. This is considered the best opportunity of the year to network with the global publishing and online technology leaders in the digital books world.
If you wish to attend you must register, but be warned, the event has been sold out for the last five years!
At the top of the agenda will be the emerging global eBook market and adoption of the EPUB digital publication standard. Some of the highlights are;
- Publisher Experience and Workflow using the new IDPF “EPUB” Standard
- “EPUB” Update on eBook Reading Devices and Software
- Using Digital Book Technologies to Drive Sales and Create New Consumer Experiences
- eBooks in Education and Accessibility Initiatives
There are going to be some fantastic speakers including;
- Michael Smith (IDPF)
- Bill McCoy (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
- Peter Balis (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)
- Garth Conboy (eBook Technologies, Inc.)
- Leslie Hulse (HarperCollins Publishers)
- Neil DeYoung (Hachette Book Group USA)
- Willem Endhoven (iRex Technologies BV)
- Martin Görner (Mobipocket.com)
— I wish I could attend myself!