In commemoration of the First World War centenary (July 28, 1914), I’ve added fourteen new WWI ebooks to epubBooks. There’s a varied selection of Fiction (including some for young readers) and non-Fiction titles set in and about the Great War. These include well-known authors of the time such as Arthur Conan Doyle, John Buchan, Rudyard Kipling and H. G. Wells. Along with adding these new books, I’ve also re-assigned a number of older entries which should have been in these categories, so there are now over 20 WWI books available.
Here are few highlights from the recent additions;
In our Fiction section we have;
- Under Fire by Henri Barbusse
- Bulldog Drummond by Sapper
- Ruth Fielding at the War Front by Alice B. Emerson
- England’s Efforts by Mary Augusta Ward
- Some Do Not and No More Parades by Ford Madox Ford
And from the non-Fiction section we have;
- France at War by Rudyard Kipling
- The Diary of a U-boat Commander by Stephen King-Hall
- A Visit to Three Fronts by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Four Weeks in the Trenches by Fritz Kreisler
- With the Allies by Richard Harding Davis
There’s still a good few books to be added, which I’ll be doing throughout August.
More information on the Great War can be found on the Wikipedia page.